In Session 4 of The WorkshopBank Podcast, I’m talking to Jim Rough who is the founder and originator of a technique called Dynamic Facilitation that we also explored in Session 2. He’s on the show to tell me the origin story of DF and how he believes that DF is the answer to all of the worlds seemingly impossible problems.
And you know what? I think he’s right.
I’m such a sucker for ‘change-the-world’ stories and so if you’re like me in this respect you’re going to love this Podcast.
In this podcast session you’ll learn:
- The unplugged origin story of the genesis of Dynamic Facilitation over the last 25 years
- How Jim’s used Dynamic Facilitation to solve seemingly impossible and insurmountable real-life issues in both the workplace and in local government
- Hear an incredible case study from Austria where 12 randomly chosen members of the public unlocked a long standing, often bitter at times, local issue for the where all parties are happy
- How DF could / should be used by President Obama and across the EU to solve the current financial crisis
- How you can get involved in the Dynamic Facilitation movement right now
Links mentioned in this podcast include:
- WorkshopBank Podcast Session 2 with Alex Nairn talking about how Dynamic Facilitation works in practice
- Osborn Parnes Process (aka Creative Problem Solving Process) on Wikipedia
- Synectics problem solving methodology on Wikipedia
- Quality Circles on Wikipedia
- What is the Wisdom Council
- Jim’s calendar of seminars & events
- WiseDemocracy.org non-profit
Thank you so much, Jim, for coming on the show and being so generous with your time and knowledge here on WorkshopBank!
Get ready for the next session of The WorkshopBank Podcast coming very soon with something a little bit special. Here’s a hint. There are only 4 people in the world who are qualified to do this particular process. You’re not going to want to miss it.
Be sure to subscribe to the podcast below to get it automatically to your computer or device when it’s available.
Thanks and all the best!
Sponsors I mentioned
To be confirmed